Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
Quantity:
Subtotal
Taxes
Shipping
Total
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Stephen Ward Caravan & Boats

the 'LPG' specialist on the Isle of Wight

My Blog

Blog

Recent Fires In Caravans

Posted on May 19, 2013 at 6:19 AM Comments comments (213)
The top picture is a fire inside a boiler cupboard. The cupboard should not be used for storage but a sweeping brush got too close to the gas flame which in turn melted and then set fire to more items on the floor; namely a cool bag made of foam and a pair of trainers. The bottom pictures are an electrical switch fire that overheated. Although both are localised fires the fire extinguisher powder damage goes everywhere and both fires need extensive work to make right costing a lot of money. Be aware of what you are storing and where in your caravan. Simple precautions will prevent the majority of fires and make sure your smoke alarm is working. Don't get confused Carbon Monoxide detectors do not detect gas leaks from LPG or Natural Gas they detect the potential lethal fumes that can kill from burning fossil fuels.